WITH A SHOPPING NIGHT ON THE AVENUES
An evening of in-store festivities, promotions and food trucks along Melrose Avenue
Wednesday, December 7, 2011, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – Local fashion boutiques, design businesses, and retailers of West Hollywood’s art, fashion and design district will begin the holiday season with Jaguar Presents Holiday Shopping Celebration on The Avenues on Wednesday, December 7, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Select businesses along Melrose Avenue, from Robertson to Orlando, are creating special holiday themed parties and events as well as extending their hours for the evening.
Participating retailers include Alberta Ferretti, Alpha, Arcade Boutique, Beckley, Blumera, BOA Gallery, Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Chocolate Sun, Faruy’Art 1969, J Gerard Design Studio, John Varvatos, Kitson Melrose, Makeup Mandy, Shalimar’s Apothecary of Scent, Soolip Paperie & Press, The Fashion Society, Undrest, Viola Park, Wanna Buy a Watch? and others.
In addition to in-store events, a number of food trucks including Nom Nom, Global Soul, Bollywood Bites, Holy Aioli, Pranzo Gourmet Sandwiches, Canter’s, The Munchie Machine, Dogtown Dogs, No Tomatoes! and Sugar Babies will be serving tasty treats for shoppers along Melrose.
Participating businesses will have entertainment, carolers, holiday refreshments, special in-store promotions, sales, and unique holiday gifts, specifically:
- · The Fashion Society Pop Up Shop, located at 8618 Melrose Avenue, showcases new fashion labels every week. They currently carry clothing, leather bags and accessories from designers Dawn Baker, Donna Mizani and MK Totem. Special offers for the evening include sweet treats, such as cake pops by Sweet E’s Bakeshop and homemade eggnog and 20% off your entire purchase.
- · Friends of West Hollywood Elementary (FOWHE) with the generous support of designers BrochuWalker, NSF and LOOMLAB Scarves, will host a Pop Up Shop in the Viola Park kitchen showroom. Proceeds will benefit West Hollywood Elementary.
- · Beckley Boutique is ringing the holiday with a toy drive. Customers who bring a toy will receive an in-store discount on items purchased that night. They are also celebrating with cocktails, desserts, and a special appearance by Santa Clause.
- · Undrest is offering a gift with purchase of $100 or more.
- · Makeup Mandy is hosting an in-store party with holiday beauty promotions including a special holiday party package of lipstick, Party Lashes, and Smokey Eye Look for $50 (regularly value at $175.00). The holiday party package makeup sets are limited and must be purchased ahead of time by calling 310-858-1970.
- · Wanna Buy a Watch? is celebrating with their “Third Annual Grand Holiday Giveaway” of three $500.00 gift certificates and one $1000.00 gift certificate, special discounts on watches, refreshments and beverages, and maybe even a little snow.
The Avenues sponsors this annual event each December, and it marks the start of the holiday shopping season in West Hollywood. Jaguar Presents Holiday Shopping Celebration on The Avenues is free and open to the public. Metered parking is free after 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday; additional parking can be found in the West Hollywood Library Parking Garage at the corner of San Vicente and Melrose.
For ongoing updates about Holiday Celebration on The Avenues and a full list of participating businesses, go to www.AvenuesWH.com. Learn more by following The Avenues on Twitter @TheAvenuesWH and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheAvenues.
From its beginning as a manufacturer of motorcycle sidecars in 1922, Jaguar Cars has grown to become one of the world’s premier manufacturers of luxury sedans and sports cars and with that, one of the most recognized commercial brands. The company’s vision is simple: To produce beautiful fast cars that are desired the world over. The company operates two manufacturing plants in the United Kingdom and is fully engaged in environmental programs, community work and brand awareness exercises such as motorsports. For more information, please visit www.jaguar.com.
ABOUT THE AVENUES – ART, FASHION & DESIGN DISTRICT
With its world renowned retailers, The Avenues offers visitors unparalleled experiences in fashion, interior design, furniture, the decorative arts, food and spirits. Many of the most sought after luxury brands call The Avenues their West Coast home. Year-round Avenues activities encompass fashion and charity events, book signings, artist receptions, product offerings and demonstrations while celebrating this visionary community and experience the style of The Avenues, located in West Hollywood, California. For more information, please visit www.avenueswh.com.
ABOUT THE WEST HOLLYWOOD MARKETING & VISITORS BUREAU
The West Hollywood Marketing & Visitors Bureau is a 501(c) non-profit organization dedicated to marketing the City of West Hollywood as a “living forward” visitor destination to business and leisure travelers by promoting awareness of the city’s unique location, image, businesses and industries and by providing support for the city’s economic development efforts. For more information on West Hollywood’s cutting edge businesses or to plan the ultimate getaway, please visit www.visitwesthollywood.com.