Beauty creating Beauty.
CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED ARCHITECT AND DESIGNER, Gulla Jonsdottir, a 2009 recipient of Hospitality Design’s “Wave of the Future” award, is the creative and visionary force behind some of the most striking hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, and spas in the world. As founder of her new design firm, G+ Gulla Jonsdottir Design, located at La Peer Drive and Melrose Ave., Jonsdottir offers her clients a myriad of services including design, architecture, interiors, lighting, and furniture.
Icelandic-born Jonsdottir, spent eight years as Vice President and Principal Designer of the acclaimed Dodd Mitchell Design (DMD) firm in Hollywood where she was responsible for envisioning and designing numerous projects including the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, Cabo Azul Resort in Los Cabos, Mexico, The Thompson hotel in Beverly Hills, and Double Seven Lounge in New York, among many others.
Prior to joining DMD, Jonsdottir spent four years at the renowned Richard Meier and Partners as part of the design teams for projects such as the Getty Center in Los Angeles and the Gagosian Gallery in Beverly Hills. She also gained valuable experience as a Set Designer at Walt Disney Imagineering where she collaborated on Tokyo Disney Seas and Euro Disney in Paris, France.
Gulla received her degree in Architecture from the Southern California Institute of Architecture in Los Angeles (SCI-Arc) and has in her career of architecture and design received several awards.
In 2010, Jonsdottir was awarded “Best Design of the Year” by Esquire for Red O restaurant in Los Angeles. sbe has collaborated with Jonsdottir for future projects.
8155 Melrose Avenue
Designer: Gulla Jonsdottir Design
- RED O, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
- MY STUDIO, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
- ROXBURY, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
- EDEN, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
- HOTEL THINGHOLT, REYKJAVIK, ICELAND
- THE GETTY CENTER, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA –as part of a team for Richard Meier & partners
- GAGOSIAN GALLERY, BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA –as part of a team for Richard Meier & partners
- TOKYO DISNEY SEAS, TOKYO, JAPAN – for Walt Disney Imagineering
- Projects designed as principal designer for Dodd Mitchell Design:
- CABO AZUL RESORT AND SPA, LOS CABOS, MEXICO
- PAZ BODY AND MIND SPA, LOS CABOS, MEXICO
- THOMPSON BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL, BEVERLY HILL, CA
- BOND STREET RESTAURANT, BEVERLY HILLS, CA
- EAST RESTAURANT, HOLLYWOOD, CA
- MY HOUSE, HOLLYWOOD, CA
- HOLLYWOOD ROOSEVELT HOTEL, HOLLYWOOD, CA
- TEDDY’S LOUNGE, HOLLYWOOD, CA
- SUITE AND TENDER RESTAURANT AND BAR, SE HOTEL, SAN DIEGO, CA
- THE ROWAN LOFTS, LOS ANGELES, CA
- SUSHI ROKU RESTAURANT, W-HOTEL, SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA
- SUSHI ROKU RESTAURANT, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
- THOMPSON LES HOTEL, NEW YORK, NY
- JAVIER’S CANTINA, NEWPORT BEACH, CA
- JAVIER’S CANTINA, IRVINE, CA
- JAVIER’S CANTINA, LOS CABOS, MEXICO
- ROBATA BAR, SANTA MONICA, CA
- KOBE CLUB, NEW YORK, NY
- DOUBLE SEVEN LOUNGE, NEW YORK, NY
- THE LODGE STEAKHOUSE, BEVERLY HILLS, CA
- CRESCENT LOUNGE & SLEEP, BEVERLY HILLS, CA
- OLIVER CAFÉ, BEVERLY HILLS, CA
- CHI, HOLLYWOOD, CA
- DOLCE ENOTECA, WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA
- ZEN GRILL, WESTWOOD, CA
- FALCON, HOLLYWOOD, CA
- KATANA, HOLLYWOOD, CA
- SPENCER’S RESTAURANT, PALM SPRINGS
- HOTEL VALENCIA, SANTANA ROW, SAN JOSE, CA
- HOTEL VALENCIA, RIVERWALK, SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
- AVENUE RESTAURANT, BEVERLY HILLS, CA
Thank you to G+Design, SBE